Trinity Volunteer Corps (TVC) offers young adults an experience of living in intentional Christian community while working full-time with social service agencies that serve the poor. TVC provides an opportunity to learn more about poverty and advocacy for the poor. The program also provides an unique multi-cultural experience and understanding of community and social justice and a chance to explore personal growth through spiritual practices and awareness.
The program year at TVC involves weekly gathering for formation and reflection, 3-4 retreats per year, and engagement with Trinity Church, a diverse, cross-cultural congregation with a rich worship experience and outreach ministries.
TVC is an eleven month program that begins in late August and ends in July.
2016-17 APPLICATION TIMELINE
- November 24, 2015: Application available.
- December 18, 2015: Early Deadline
- January 18, 2016: Regular Deadline
- January 29, 2016: First offers are made. TVC will continue to receive applications, interview applicants and offer positions based on space.
- March 18, 2016: Round 2 Deadline
Agencies which TVC volunteers may work with include:
- Bishop John T. Walker School for Boys
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Christian Communities Group Homes
- Episcopal Center for Children
- Samaritan Ministry of Greater Washington
- Sasha Bruce Youthwork
For more information, please contact us at TVC@Trinitychurchdc.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply?
- Anyone who is passionate about social justice, eager to serve marginalized communities and seeking to deepen spiritual life.
- Applicants must be 21 or older
- What should I except?
- Corps members will live in an intentional Christian community where they will pray and play together weekly for spiritual formation and vocational discernment.
- Corps members will commit 40 hours of service per week during the 11-month program at partner social service agencies within the Washington, DC area.
- Housing (adjacent to Trinity Episcopal Church) with own private bedroom and shared living space.
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Full health insurance coverage
- Personal stipend of $300/month (for food)